Next steps of the ROAD project are:
- to implement a survey in order to have a clear vision of ROAD usage and expectations
- to enhance the coverage (retrospective identification of Open Access scholarly resources within the ISSN Register)
- to develop the classification per subject and make it more granular
- to extend the list of indexing/abstracting databases and journal indicators used for enriching ISSN records
- to establish new partnerships with member organisations of the Open Access community.
* PRESSoo is an extension of the FRBRoo model (Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records – Object Oriented) devoted to the bibliographic information relating to serials and continuing resources.
It has been developed by a working group made up by representatives of both the ISSN International Centre (ISSN IC) and the ISSN Review Group and representatives of the Bibliothèque nationale de France (BnF). PRESSoo aims to propose answers to long standing issues with the application of the FRBR family of models to serials and continuing resources.
The version 1.0, released in July 2014, can be downloaded here: http://www.issn.org/the-centre-and-the-network/our-partners-and-projects/pressoo/
Any comments about this document are welcome and can be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about FRBRoo: http://www.ifla.org/node/928
Last update in December 2015